Dental Care Equality in Chicago, IL
Dentistry has existed for hundreds of years. In the past century alone, however, a world of change has occurred in how dental professionals diagnose and treat various conditions that affect teeth, the gums, and the body as a whole. Just over a century ago, the primary caretaker of citizens’ teeth was the same person who tended to their grooming needs. That’s right, the barber and the “dentist” were one and the same. Today, patients of all ages benefit from the specialized education and training that every dentist completes. At SmileMoreToday, we believe that dental care equality through the recognition of the needs of our individual Chicago, IL patients.
In order to meet needs that are as diverse as the individuals who seek professional dental care, a dental practice must be properly equipped. This includes not only the various instruments and technologies used but also the professional team selected to care for the unique smile needs of a diverse clientele. The SmileMoreToday offices in Chicago and Vernon Hills are each able to accommodate varying needs through precise services such as:
- Durable tooth-colored fillings. Made of composite resin, tooth-colored fillings are a great alternative to “silver” fillings made from amalgam.
- Tooth-colored inlays and Onlays. Made of beautiful, durable porcelain, inlays and onlays provide strength and functionality that lasts for many years.
- Crowns and bridges. Each type of restoration is intended for unique use. Crowns are designed to cover tooth structure that has been weakened through decay or physical damage. Dental bridges replace missing teeth and achieve a great deal of comfort and functionality.
- Routine and deep cleanings using state-of-the-art ultrasound technology. The addition of ultrasonic vibrations to water achieves excellent results. Cleanings also focus on the removal of plaque and tartar to minimize the risk of gum disease.
- Laser therapy for gum disease. Gum disease is one of the most challenging dental conditions to manage. Incorporating powerful laser light into treatments, the dentist is able to destroy bacteria that have accumulated in between the gums and tooth structure.
- Migraine treatment. Many people would not think of their dentist as the health care provider to address chronic headaches or migraines. Often, the cause of these problems can be found in the jaw. To identify problems such as malocclusion or bruxism, the dentist can tailor a treatment program through which improved oral function leads to a decrease in the intensity and frequency of headaches.
SmileMoreToday is dedicated to patient satisfaction. We have treated patients of all ages with care tailored to their needs for precision and general wellbeing. Call our Vernon Hills or Chicago office today to schedule your visit.